Hi Folks, TCD here. We made this unbelievable dish this past week, and I couldn’t have been happier with it. It was so good the girls had it for breakfast, lunch, and dinner Tuesday AND Wednesday! This is one of those dishes that you’ll be amazed at how easy it is, blown away by how good it is, and always regret not making 10x more than you did. Really, you can’t make enough of this stuff! Also, big thanks to my good friend Barbara who told me how to make this.
Okay, lets cut to the chase!
- Crockpot or slowcooker
- Casserole dish
- Pork tenderloin (as big as you want, many of they’re really small)
- Onions, sliced
- Fresh garlic, one head, separated, peeled, smashed.
(Yes really, because garlic is that awesome you can’t have too much of it!)
- BBQ sauce of your choice.
- Line the bottom of your crockpot with as much of the sliced onion as it takes
- Place the pork tenderloins on top of the onions
- If the meat has a fat-back (one entire side that’s all fat), place the meat so the fat-back is facing up and you can see it.
- Cover the top of your pork with any leftover onions and the smashed garlic
- Cover your crockpot and place on low
- Go away for 6-8 hours
Later, back at the ranch:
- Use 2 forks to pull the pork (see what I did there? )
- Dump all the contents of the slow cooker into your casserole dish
- Continue to pull apart any large chunks
- Dump as much BBQ as you’d like on top
- Mix so BBQ sauce coats everything
- Place in the oven under the broiler for 5-15 minutes until it’s gotten a little crispy.
That last step can be dangerous if you don’t keep an eye on it. It can go from not crispy to charred cinders pretty quickly. Don’t do that!
And that’s it. There you go. Effortless pulled-pork guaranteed to satisfy everyone until they want more only to discover they’ve scarfed it all down and there is no more. This would go great with a baked potato or even better, a side of homemade cole slaw. Hmm, guess that’s another recipe we need to get up here. Of course, we already have our own homemade mayo, so maybe we just need to add shredded cabbage !
Please let me know how you like this if you try it!